Friday, February 22, 2008

How Big Is My God?


The road trip was definitely a "God thing". God did so many amazing things in my life and in the group of guys I went with...I'll brag on God. There have been moments in my journey where I could undoubtably sense the presence of the Holy Spirit in a place. On Monday afternoon, sitting in the worship center of Mountain Lake Church, I had that sense...that God was truly there in our presence...that the Holy Spirit was speaking to me through a young pastor from Charlotte, NC, named Steve Furtick. It was a powerful moment. Steve challenged me with two statements. (1) "Courageous leadership is not the result of cut and paste. It must be born from the inside out." (2) "The difference between a daydream and a burning vision is the audacity to act." The first statement has to do with how some in the church planting world tend to copy what others are doing instead of following the moving of the Holy Spirit in their own life. The second statement has to do with "How big is my God?" Is my God so big that He can do anything? If I really believe that, then I will have the audacity to act in faith. God can do the impossible. He wants to do something so big in my life and in the life of Mosaic Church that can only be explained as it was God. It will be said, "There's no other way it could have happened except for God". Father knew what I needed to be reminded of. I needed to remember that this journey I'm on...this thing called church planting...this vision of Mosaic Church in Culpeper, VA, is so big that when I look back I can only say that it was God and God alone who pulled if off. How big is your God?
Duane

No comments: