Sunday, December 23, 2007

In Awe of God


I have a few reasons to be in awe of God today. Even though I don't understand everything He's doing (or what I may feel He's not doing), He still amazes me with His goodness to me and my family. He's good to me even when I'm not feeling or acting good towards Him. That's His grace...and it still amazes me. Here are a few of the ways God has been good to me: 1) Both my daughters are home for the holidays...Becca from Liberty University in Lynchburg and Aleese drove all night from YWAM Orlando with a friend she dropped off in Richmond. 2) Two ladies showed up at our house this week with about a dozen bags of groceries...they said the Lord had laid it on their hearts to give is the food...wow! 3) Another lady from the town of Orange (about 20 minutes from Culpeper) invited Mechelle to come to her consignment shop. She then let Mechelle pick out clothes for herself and Bryce and then gave them all to us free...wow! 4) Mechelle and I celebrated our 24th anniversary on the 20th...we celebrated with hot, juicy burgers at Five Guys. 5) Someone gave us a $100 gift card to Walmart...left it in a Gideon's New Testament in our mailbox. 6) PACE (our homeschool group) gave us a $50 gift card to Wallyworld (Walmart). 7) Gifts came in totalling $250 towards our Community Project. My family handed out over 400 roles of scotch tape this weekend in our community. 8) Our neighbors went to church with us and then we hung out together afterwards.



So, like David, I "Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever" Psalm 136:1.




Duane

No comments: