Monday, November 19, 2007

Workin' In The "Real" World


It's been a long time since I had what some people call a "real" job. But I have to admit I haven't stood on my feet for eight hours straight in many years. Yet, I'm kinda enjoying being a bi-vocational pastor for the time being. One of the challenges of being a full-time pastor is that you can sometimes isolate yourself from people outside of "church". So its been fun to work again outside of the walls of the church building. Each day I meet new people from our community and I've made some new friends with my fellow employees at Sears. On the way to work these last 5 days I have prayed that Christ would live His life through me as I work...that I would be a good employee...that I would be kind to everyone, even the one employee that the others can't seem to get along with. I also pray that Christ will show me ways to share Him with the people I come in contact with...even if it's just through an act of kindness.

"Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

Duane

1 comment:

Lasha said...

You have ALWAYS gone out of your way to be a light for Christ. I pray that He continues to work his will through your life.