Thursday, May 1, 2008

Humbled


"So--who is like me?
Who holds a candle to me?" says The Holy.
Look at the night skies:
Who do you think made all this?
Who marches this army of stars out each night,
counts them off, calls each by name
--so magnificent! so powerful!--
and never overlooks a single one?

Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
(O Duane)
or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God LASTS.
He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
And he knows EVERYTHING, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
young fold in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
they walk and don't lag behind."
Isaiah 40:25-31 The Message

Just when I thought God had somehow overlooked my situation...my circumstance...God pulled it off. He did what only He could do. Just when I had exhausted every avenue, idea, and plan of my own, God came from what seems out of nowhere and performed the impossible. I am humbled.

Two weeks ago I received a phone call from a man I had never met. He found out about our situation with our home in Florida from someone I don't know. He and his partners specialize in buying homes. My first conversation with John was on a Saturday afternoon. The next day he drove to Okeechobee, Florida (5 hours from Jacksonville) to look at our home. That afternoon he said he would buy the home. Granted, he's not going to buy it for premium price, but considering we have received letters from lawyers in Tampa about foreclosure procedures, we are thrilled. But, that's not the really amazing part. This guy, John, who I have never seen, and only talked to on the phone, is going a step further...beyond what people in his type of business would usually do for people in our circumstance. Get this--he has contacted the bank and is paying $10,000 to bring our mortgage back in good standing, and he is going to pay our monthly mortgage payments for the next few months to keep our credit in tact. He then is going to send a work crew to Okeechobee to, in his words, "doll up" the house for him to resell it. He will buy the house from us and close on it in the next 60-90 days. Is that incredible or what?!! This is no joke or con. Those who know him completely trust him and know his integrity.

I am humbled. God did what only He could do...the impossible! He's an on-time God. He receives all the glory. What a journey this is turning out to be!
Duane

3 comments:

Pete and Cindi Olsen said...

Praise God. What good news for you and Mechelle. Blessings brother.
Pete

Duane said...

Thanks, Pete. Hope all is well with you.
Duane

Duane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.