Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Details and Toilet Paper


It was amazing.  What we've been praying for for such a long time finally happened.  God answered our prayers in a mighty way.  The grand opening of Mosaic was pretty cool!  It all went really smooth... except for the toilet paper.  So many details.  I thought I had it all covered.  I had checked my list twice to be sure we had everything covered.  My wife, Mechelle, had even given me a call earlier in the morning while I was taking care of a few other details, to remind me to check the bathrooms for toilet paper.  Everything was done.  The evening began with Mandorla playing music.  It was cool.  I get up to welcome everyone who showed up.  A great crowd.  Then it happened.  I hear a voice from behind me say, "Uh, Duane, there's no toilet paper in the bathroom."  The voice was from Esther, our violinist, a member of Mandorla, and faithful part of Mosaic.  Apparently she knew first hand (no pun intended).  Wow, what an embarrassment. You need toilet paper! Not good.  So, what do I do?  I send Joel on a mission... a mission to track down a roll, real fast.  Well, he wasn't able to find a roll, but he did, with Mechelle's help, find a stack of napkins.  Oh, well.  Sorry, ladies.  I guess we're not a perfect church.  No matter how hard we try, we're not.  And, that's okay.  It just keeps reminding me that we're not, but He is.  I overlook a detail.  He doesn't.  I forget things.  He doesn't (except my sins that He's forgiven). I'm not perfect.  He is.  I'm glad God cares about the details and He never forgets one.  "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26.   There is no detail in my life that He doesn't care about.  Nothing that is insignificant.  6 billion people in the world and He knows how many hairs I have on my head. Wow, what a God!  I have a great God!  
Psalm 150

 1 Praise the LORD.  
       Praise God in his sanctuary; 
       praise him in his mighty heavens.

 2 Praise him for his acts of power; 
       praise him for his surpassing greatness.

 3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, 
       praise him with the harp and lyre,

 4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, 
       praise him with the strings and flute,

 5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, 
       praise him with resounding cymbals.

 6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. 
       Praise the LORD.

Duane

No comments: