Monday, September 29, 2008

Unexpected


September 30, tomorrow, is our one year anniversary here in Culpeper, VA. One year ago we rolled into town on a Sunday afternoon in a big orange U-haul truck with our Pontiac Vibe in tow. It doesn't seem possible that one year has already passed! But here we are one year later. This has been the toughest year of my life. This has been the most amazing year of my life. The journey has taken many twists and turns. It has taken me places that I didn't expect. A year ago, I never expected to work in a place like Sears or be a Substitute Teacher or be employed by a counseling agency and working full-time in Culpeper's new high school. I truly expected Mosaic Church would be fully launched by this time, but God's timing has been different than mine. Sometimes I wish He'd do things on my schedule. Sometimes I question God's judgment. I question His decision making. Imagine that! Me, a mere mortal, questioning the infinite God. He is so patient with me. I am blessed by His grace. Right now, Mosaic church is at 25 people strong. We have grown from 7 to 25 in the last 2 months. Some of the original people who started with us in April, who I expected would be a part of our launch team, are no longer with us. God is building His church with the people He wants. I expected those who started with us to still be with us, but God had different plans. I wonder what God is doing sometimes. I'm learning to expect the unexpected with God. We have received unexpected gifts from people many times over that past year. Unexpected blessings! We've also had unexpected challenges in our personal finances. I keep trusting God. I expect Him to come through for me, His child. And He always does, but usually in unexpected ways and with unexpected people. I guess that's why this has been such a difficult yet amazing journey. I never know what to expect with God. That's what makes the journey exciting. I'm leaning not to worry, just expect something unexpected.
Duane

No comments: